Sunday, October 25, 2015

My Father


My husband shared this verse at the end of his message today and I have heard it before, but today it especially stood out to me.

2 Corinthians 6:18 I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters says The Lord Almighty.

Out of the corner of my eye, a sweet family that comes to our church was in view. They are brand new, first time parents of a BEAUTIFUL 3 week old baby girl. It just so happened that Dad was holding her while Jimmy was sharing this verse. I found myself getting emotional just looking at them! That precious baby girl was just fast asleep, oblivious to the fact that what/who was holding her up and keeping her safe & warm was her daddy. Meanwhile, He couldn't keep his eyes off of her!

Regardless of your relationship with your earthly father, how accurate is that to our relationship with our Heavenly Father...?! He is ALL about us! He has the hairs on our heads NUMBERED (I have really thick hair and it sheds like crazy! That alone should be a full time job!) And yet, He is also involved in every single moment of our lives...even when we don't acknowledge that it's Him that is holding us, protecting us, guiding us, providing for us, and the list just goes on and on and on.

When we really take a moment and think of how profound this promise is, it is perspective altering stuff! I am amazed at the timing of The Holy Spirit in assuring me of this today. I am never alone. My Father never lets me out of His sight. He loves me unconditionally. And He feels the same about you! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment